If you have the cash to spare and love fast, good-looking cars, then an Acura coupe might be just right for you. These vehicles are some of the most impressive sports cars in the world, and they certainly have the looks to match. As the luxury wing of Honda, Acura benefits from many of the qualities that make these Japanese cars so popular. In the commercial supercar segment, Acura coupes are among the more affordable ones, but they are still masterfully crafted and have a remarkable balance between performance and liveability.
2021 Acura Coupe Models
There is only a single nameplate in the current 2021 Acura coupe lineup, the NSX. But, when your singular product is this accomplished, there isn’t really any need to offer alternatives.
- NSX: Going up against the likes of the Audi R8 and Nissan GT-R, the NSX has a lot to prove. To get the job done, it comes outfitted with a 3.5L twin-turbo hybrid V6 engine that develops 573 horsepower and 476 lb-ft combined, while a nine-speed dual-clutch transmission does the job of modulating outputs. And while AWD is standard, no manual is available. All of this culminates in a 0-60 mph sprint time of three seconds and a top speed of 191 mph. This alone would be enough to make the NSX appealing to adrenaline junkies, but its surprisingly comfortable ride quality and respectable value for money make it a liveable daily driver, too.
Price List of Acura Coupes
Only a single 2-door Acura coupe model is available for sale new in the USA. In the price list below is its starting MSRP.
||3.5L Twin-Turbo V6 Hybrid
What To Consider When Buying a 2-door Acura Coupe
Buying a new car is seldom a stress-free endeavor, and when you’re looking at something in the six-figure range like Acura coupe models, the stress is dialed up to eleven. Such a vehicle may be all about fun, but figuring out which is the best choice for you, in terms of performance, quality, and price, takes time. It is imperative that you do your research, which is why the CarBuzz buyer’s guide includes detailed reviews and a comparison tool. This isn’t just a new set of wheels, it’s a lease on a whole new lifestyle. Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages you can expect from this type of Acura car:
- Extremely appealing styling
- High-powered engines
- Excellent handling with standard AWD
- Good balance between performance and comfort
- Refined ride that makes it driveable daily
- Disappointing interior quality for the price
- Not the best tech
- Low trunk capacity
- Top-tier rivals like Audi and Porsche are still better
Does Acura make a coupe?
Yes, there is a single Acura two-door coupe available in the USA. The NSX is a capable sports car with a twin-turbocharged hybrid V6 engine, AWD, and a dual-clutch automatic transmission.
Is Acura better than Lexus?
Both Acura and Lexus are premium divisions of more affordable Japanese brands - Honda and Toyota, respectively. Neither is definitively better than the either, and brand loyalty and personal preference will play a large role in deciding which you go for. Both luxury brands are cheaper than their European rivals, but strive to provide near the same levels of quality and performance. However, Lexus does lean more into the luxury factor, like Mercedes-Benz, while Acura places more emphasis on performance, like BMW.
Are Acura reliable?
Acura vehicles receive relatively average dependability scores from J.D. Power but they have been subject to very few recalls by the NHTSA over the last few years. Consumers still rate the brand highly, and parts and repairs are quite affordable should something go wrong. However, the warranty coverage is no better than average.