As the luxury car division of the Japanese automaker Honda, Acura specializes in the development of premium automobiles that share similar dependability ratings and daily drivability as their more budget cousins. While it does have an extensive SUV range, and a slightly less impressive selection of 4-door sedan models, there is only a single Acura sports car. Luckily, it’s a beautiful and highly capable high-performance machine. As one of the fastest cars from Acura, it was engineered to take on the likes of Ferrari and Porsche back in the 1990’s. It was also the first Acura sports car to feature Honda’s VTEC technology and is the world's first all-aluminum production vehicle.
Acura Sports Car Models
There aren’t many fast cars donning an Acura badge; in fact, there is just the one (barring a racetrack-only GT3 version):
- NSX: Its aesthetic may be pretty straightforward and tempered, but the new Acura sports car is an undeniably fast and highly responsive vehicle. Acura touts the 2-door coupe as an “everyday” supercar, highlighting its easy-to-live-with qualities and good reliability despite being a performance-focused car. It’s equipped with a twin-turbocharged 3.5-liter hybridized V6 engine tuned to deliver up to 573 horsepower. Put the pedal to the metal and the NSX will launch from 0-60 mph in a blistering 3.2 seconds. Its hybrid powertrain supports its “everyday” character, too, as it can be switched to an electric-only mode which makes it as silent as the night.
New Acura Sports Car Models and Price List
||3.5L Twin-Turbo V6 Hybrid
Buying a New Acura Sports Car
If you’re in the market for a new or used sports car, be sure to head over to CarBuzz’s shopping tools section where every vehicle for sale on the US market is comprehensively reviewed. Each and every review comprises details on everything one could possibly want to know about the vehicle in question, from outright performance specs to cargo and trunk capacities, as well as model configurations and safety standards. This, along with the review itself and the side-by-side comparison tool, make it as easy as possible for readers to find the best car and/or deal for their money.
The Acura NSX is one of the best sports car in the segment with loads of appeal. Here are some of the key perks of the 2021 Acura NSX sports car, and some of its downsides, too:
- Capable and dynamic hybrid powertrain
- Sporty and comfortable on the road
- Fun and poised handling dynamics
- Bold yet cosmopolitan design
- Comfortable interior brimming with modern features
- Not as quick or capable as rivals
- Common, uninspiring cabin trim
- Lacks in-cabin storage space
- Exorbitantly high starting price
FAQs about Fast Acura Cars
How many models of the 2021 NSX are there?
The NSX is a standalone model offered with various add-ons and packages that the buyer can choose from. With that list of options, the buyer can personalize and enhance an NSX to their liking.
Does the NSX have a convertible roof?
No, the supercar is offered solely as a coupe with no roadster version in sight.
Are there other types of Acura sports car models?
Yes, there is the NSX GT3, which is a supercar dedicated to race car drivers only. It’s not a production car and can only be driven professionally on a track.
Do the 2020 Acura sports car and 2021 Acura sports car differ in price?
Yes, the NSX actually saw a decrease in starting price by a few thousand dollars coming into the new year from 2020.