With a heritage stretching back to 1903, Ford has become a household name by producing superior vehicles and family commuters, as well as premium Ford cars under the Lincoln badge. Famous for introducing large-scale production methods to the industry, Ford vehicles continue to be popular in the USA with monstrous haulers such as the Super Duty range of pickups, and iconic powerhouses like the Mustang. Our thorough reviews make it easy for buyers to find the right car for their needs, with detailed information on cost, specifications, trims, and even which competitors are worth taking note of.
More about Ford cars
With numerous segments represented by the American automaker, there are many styles of vehicle under this banner:
- Sports cars
- Luxury cruisers
- Small autos
What to Consider Before Buying
If you are on the lookout to buy a new Ford car, there’s more to think about than simply what colors you can paint your ‘Stang in, namely:
- Many van iterations: With minivans ranging in configurations to suit people and goods with city dimensions, there’s something for everyone in the catalog.
- Performance: Multiple engine choices mean each is just as attractive to the average Joe as those who seek breakneck speeds from their muscle cars. There’s also ample horsepower, lots of torque, and the option to diesel motors on select units to allow for towing and hauling prowess.
- Comprehensive specs: Jam-packed with features, especially at the top-end of the trim levels, these cars also boasts a generally well-liked and easy-to-use infotainment setup.
- Build quality: Known for utilizing top-notch materials, these cars are made to last longer and be durable, no matter what you use them for.
- Affordability: There’s nothing exorbitant about how Fords are priced, with budget-friendly preferences to be had from most of the variations in the stable.
- Legacy: With so many new and upcoming alternatives in the market, it’s always advisable to fall back on over a century of automotive experience.
- Limited small cars: As of 2019, Ford USA discontinued the production of its petite autos in favor of more trendy styles. This means you won’t get a new one for sale, but you could still pick up a used 2017 or 2018 model with low mileage at the best possible price.
- Appearance: Not all four-doors on the agenda are particularly good-looking, with some being rather forgetful in terms of design and styling.
- Reliability: Consumer reports and J.D. Power have ranked the brand relatively poorly in assessments over previous years, although their opinions seem to be improving now.
The Best Ford Models
Ford car models comprise a broad lineup, but here is a sample of what’s to be had:
- Expedition: With an 8.5 ranking on our BuzzScore, the largest ute in the tribe ships as either a standard variant or with an extended wheelbase. It’s ideal for families who want loads of interior space, excellent fuel economy, and enough stock-fitted safety tech.
- F-150 Raptor: Off-road focused and with looks to kill, the Raptor earns a 9.3 on our roster. Fitted with a voracious twin-turbo V6, Fox shocks, and a superb suspension, it’s a firm favorite in the class.
- Mustang GT Convertible: The epitome of the all-American lifestyle, this beauty offers classic top-down adventures and thrilling power from under the hood. We rate it at 8.6 on our rankings.
- Transit Connect Passenger Wagon: For the sake of covering all the bases, we mention the brilliant van that has been awarded an 8.4 on our grading system. It houses both occupants and cargo, sips fuel sparingly, and has a host of optional protective elements.
- Fusion: At an aggregate of 7.4, this midsize people carrier balances a good ride with an expansive trunk and the practicality needed for mainstream transportation. It’s heavy on gas, though, and not particularly impressive at take-off.
Ford Lineup Prices
||2.3L Turbo Inline-4 Gas
||2.0L Turbo Inline-4 Gas
|Ford C-Max Hybrid
||2.0L Inline-4 Hybrid
||2.0L Inline-4 Gas
||2.0L Turbo Inline-4 Gas
||1.5L Turbo Inline-3 Gas
||3.5L Twin-Turbo V6 Gas
||2.3L Turbo Inline-4 Gas
||3.3L V6 Flex-fuel (FFV)
|Ford F-250 Super Duty
||6.2L V8 Flex-fuel (FFV)
What is the top speed of the Shelby GT500?
Thanks to a 5.3-liter supercharged V8 at its heart and a slick seven-speed automatic transmission, this beast will get to 60 in under 3.5 seconds and top out at 180 mph.
What is Ford’s cheapest car?
With the Fiesta last updated in 2019, it stands to reason these models would have prices as little as $14k. A more up-to-date option would be the EcoSport crossover, with a price tag of a smidge under $20k.
What new products are expected from the Blue Oval?
In its latest news releases, the manufacturer has the US anticipating the arrival of exciting additions to the Ford lineup. Just a few of the upcoming names include the likes of the Mach-E, Bronco, and the latter’s Sport derivative for 2021. Ford has come a long way since the days of the original Ford Model A, and we believe the best of Ford is on the horizon.
Why is there no updated Ford Fiesta?
With the onslaught of fashionable crossovers and bigger, more practical machines in the industry, the automaker has decided to shift focus onto these and refrain from producing smaller vehicles. The Fiesta thus falls by the wayside.
Be sure to peruse our individual evaluations of the latest Ford models for pictures and videos, and in-depth analyses to help aid in your purchasing decisions.