Different Types of SUVs With The Most Interior Space
Size isn’t everything, so you can’t just assuming that a full-size SUV will have more space than a midsize model. A better comparison to make is seating capacity and overall measurements. Here are the different types of SUVs with the most interior space:
- Two-row: This is the most common style of crossover or SUV, especially in the popular compact segment that suits the city life so well. The most spacious compact SUV models are the ones that don’t try to color outside the lines. They focus on getting the basics right, including a decent amount of legroom for both rows, and a practical trunk in the back.
- Three-row: Many people expect three-row options to be the most spacious and practical, but this is often not the case. Trunk capacity is sometimes sacrificed for additional passengers space, and the rear-most seating is generally cramped and mostly suited to small children. Three-row SUVs that do manage to be spacious inside usually come standard with captain’s chairs. This may reduce total occupancy by one, but the added luxury and space, and the easier access to the third row, are welcome.
- Extended wheelbase: By lengthening the wheelbase, the cabin and trunk can be expanded significantly. This is one of the ways automakers manage to make three rows of seats work. However, this also makes already expensive full-size models even harder to afford. But, when it comes to an SUV with the most interior room, you won’t find better.
Characteristics of The Roomiest Crossover SUVs
Even the biggest vehicle may not be the most spacious SUV. This is because not every square inch is destined for the cabin. A large engine bay is quite common, and there is also the trunk to consider. Here is what you can expect to find in an SUV or crossover with the most interior space.
- Plenty of head- and legroom
- A lengthy wheelbase and extra width for optimal cabin space
- Compliant ride quality
- A decent number of comfort features
- The trunk can take a hit
- Three-row models are usually cramped
- Too many luxuries like sunroofs can compromise interior space
Which SUV has the most room inside?
In terms of sheer space, the largest American SUVs like the Chevy Suburban and GMX Yukon XL are hard to beat. The Cadillac Escalade and Ford Expedition are also rather commodious, especially in their extended wheelbase guises.
Which 5-seater SUV is best?
Most automakers focus on the idea of the nuclear family, which generally consists of four to five members. Therefore, there are plenty of great 5-seaters on the market. These include the compact Kia Seltos, Toyota RAV4, and Mazda CX-5, as well as slightly larger models, such as the Mazda CX-9, Honda Pilot, and Kia Sorento.
What is the best SUV for a tall person?
Most people look at legroom when buying a car for their family, but particularly tall shoppers shouldn’t forget about headroom unless they want to spend all their time slouching. The best models for six-footers and above include the Chevy Tahoe and Suburban, Nissan Pathfinder, and Ford Expedition.
Which midsize SUV scores highest for passenger space?
A good measure of spaciousness is how much legroom there is in the second row, and in this regard, the Kia Telluride and Hyundai Palisade score highest with around 42.5 inches of room. The Kia Sorento offers 41.7 inches, and the Toyota Highlander has 41 inches. Ford’s Edge is also a good bet with 40.6 inches to spare.
Is a minivan more spacious than an SUV?
In terms of seating space, the few available minivans on the market do offer a couple more inches of legroom in their third row than SUVs do. It’s also a lot easier to access these seats in a minivan than in an SUV, thanks to sliding doors.