Trucks are extremely popular in the USA and anyone that’s driven a RAM truck would agree that they’re some of the best out there, despite being relatively new to the market. They’re large and in-charge - bearing aggressive and imposing aesthetics and the capabilities to back their looks. New RAM trucks are known for their all-rounder performance qualities, good dependability, and contemporary, featureful interior spaces. Fiat Chrysler’s Uconnect infotainment system is also praised for its user-friendliness and comprehensive functionality. Because of all these perks, these veritable utility vehicles are ideal as comfortable daily runabouts or hardcore workhorses.
RAM Pickup Trucks
The new RAM pickup truck range is really refined, comprising only three types of RAM trucks spanning from light- to mid-weight in duty. There are numerous powertrains, 2- and 4-door body, and bed length options within each lineup, too, along with a good selection of trims.
- 1500: There are three distinct forms of the 1500 - the Classic, which is the most accessible proposal, the more versatile regular version, and the TRX, which is the performance-purposed special edition. The latter is also one of the fastest and most powerful factory-built trucks in the world. Regardless of guise and configuration, these full-size brutes compete with the best in the classification. All are powered by some form of strapping V6 or V8 engine with the most powerful rated at 705 horsepower and 650 lb-ft of torque. There is also an efficiency-minded diesel unit available within the line.
- 2500: This three-quarter-ton cruiser sports handsome exterior styling and a plush, capacious interior, which has it stand out in the usually unadorned segment. A heavy-duty HEMI V8 motor paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission is the standard configuration, with a few other engines, including a Cummins turbo diesel, and a choice between RWD and 4x4 drivetrains as options. With five trims in the lineup and plenty of customizations, the 2500 can be configured as either a leisure vehicle brimming with features, a highly capable workhorse, or a combination of the two. When correctly configured, this capable ute can haul a class-leading 19,780 pounds.
- 3500: Classified as a large, heavy-duty one-ton hauler by accord of its imposing dimensions, the 3500 brings the most to the table in terms of utility. An eight-valve motor serves the selection, too, and a Cummins turbo diesel is also made optional, both significantly dialed up on hp and torque. With the latter, and with the right equipment, this bruiser is capable of carrying a payload of up to 7,680 lbs and towing an insane 35,100 lbs. All this comes at a significant cost to fuel economy, however, with the most frugal of the setups returning only 16 mpg across mixed driving scenarios.
New RAM Truck Models
||3.6L V6 Gas
||6.4L V8 Gas
||6.4L V8 Gas
||3.7L V6 Gas
|Ram 1500 Classic
||3.6L V6 Gas
|Ram 1500 TRX
||6.2L Supercharged V8 Gas
What to Consider Before Buying RAM Pickups
Just about every RAM pickup truck that’s for sale in the US, new and used, has undergone review by CarBuzz’s knowledgeable and experienced journalists. Every RAM pickup review is comprehensive and includes details on everything one could possibly need to make an optimal purchase decision. There’s a BuzzScore rating given to each automobile, too, and easy comparisons can be made with direct competitors and between trims. There is even a catalog of various cars actively on the market in the US, making the entire process as effortless as can be.
There are always pros and cons to consider with the purchase of any automobile, so here are just some general upsides and downsides associated with this automaker in particular:
- Powerful and polished powertrains
- Remarkably capable, practical, and versatile
- Surprisingly pleasant and refined ride quality
- Contemporary and intuitive infotainment
- Commodious and nicely arranged cabins
- Driver assists and safety specs are expensive
- Profligate fuel economy showing
- Dubious long-term reliability expectations
Which RAM pickup truck models are ideal for off-roading?
The TRX, with its off-road-purposed underpinnings and lifted chassis, is one of the most extreme all-terrain models available in the segment, let alone from the brand’s gamut.
Which of the 2021 RAM trucks can tow the most?
The 3500, when equipped with the Cummins turbo-diesel inline-six and all the required towing equipment, is accorded a maximum towing capacity of 35,100 lbs.
What is the price difference between the 2020 and 2021 RAM 1500 Classic trucks?
For 2020, the car was presented at an MSRP of around just $28,200 which increased by around $250 for the following year.