- Best Roadsters
Best Roadsters of 2020
The roadster body style, sometimes referred to as a convertible, is nothing new to modern American car lovers. Whether they be electric or powered by V8 engines, these cars deliver a ton of fun and some give great luxury, too. However, they aren’t as affordable as your regular hatchback or sedan. The best roadster should include a decent list of standard features, a competitive price, and be fast enough to thrill the senses. Let’s take a gander at the best new roadsters out there.
What to consider before buying
Roadsters are compromised vehicles that excel in certain areas but concede a lot in others. We all know that these rides don’t offer the best trunk space for example, but are great to drive. Some other characteristics include:
- Wind-in-your-hair driving experience
- Above-average 0-60 mph times
- Sports car driving dynamics
- Some feature a hardtop for added convenience
- 2-door cars don’t have as much trunk space as a regular sedan
- Cramped rear, and sometimes even front, seats
- Cost price is higher
Roadster car models
We’ve gathered a few of our favorite 2020 roadsters for you to look over. These cars all bring their own unique personalities to the table, so you are sure to find one that suits your needs perfectly.
- BMW Z4 - This 2-seater convertible roadster is undeniably one of the best entry-level sports cars on the market and comes with a solid amount of equipment and a tasty set of rims. The M40i model will sprint to sixty in only 3.9 seconds. If you want an American alternative, check out the Camaro.
- Mercedes-AMG GT - This blitzkrieg Benz was Mercedes-AMG’s return to the supercar world, and what better way to improve on this roadster than by chopping its roof! This car belongs in our top 10 list because it is stunning, and drives like a bat out of hell. The zero to sixty time is a mere 3.6 ticks.
- Audi TT - The TT is an AWD convertible model in the Audi lineup that boasts modest-to-fast performance. Not to be confused with a supercar, the TT is closer to a Mini Cooper than a Tesla. But, with the top down, it’s just as fun.
- Aston Martin Vantage - They don’t get sexier than this. The Vantage is a high-performance belter from British stock that will sprint to the sixty mark in just 3.7 seconds. Its no Lamborghini Aventador SVJ in terms of speed, but then again, the Aston also doesn’t go for more than half a million dollars.
What is the best affordable roadster?
If you’re searching for joy on a budget, then we would recommend going for the Mazda MX-5. This is an honest Sportster with loads of dynamic appeal. If the price for a new model is still too much for your wallet to bear, there are bound to be a few 2019 iterations for sale on the used market.
Why should I choose a roadster over a coupe?
These small, sporty vehicles provide a better sense of freedom. There’s no replacement for the wind blowing in your hair.
Do roadster cars have higher maintenance costs?
Besides possible repairs to the collapsable roof, they should prove to be as easy to maintain as any other vehicle.