- SUVs for Seniors
Best SUVs for Seniors of 2020
The average crossover in 2020 has to work particularly hard to stand out in the market for most people, but being the best SUV for seniors is a different game entirely. The best SUV for seniors has to tick a number of boxes to win the title. Firstly, it’ll have to be small enough to allow for easy maneuvering, but be big enough to haul the grandkids around over the holidays. Most seniors value comfort and ease-of-use over pure luxury, but that doesn’t mean they will go for the one that is cheap to buy.
In fact, seniors are more likely to opt for models from top brands that they are already familiar with. For instance, if your 70-year-old mother has been driving a 2005 Honda for well over a decade, she’ll likely go for something like a Honda CR-V. The best SUVs for seniors also need to be reliable; we doubt that a younger driver would enjoy getting stuck on the side of the road, but some pensioners have survived wars - the least they deserve is to avoid that kind of trouble.
If you’re opting for a model that has a good reputation for being sturdy and durable, consider a used auto for sale from 2018 or 2019 to save costs. Most older shoppers aren’t going to be extremely concerned with going as fast as possible, so opting for a smaller engine that gets the job done makes sense. A smaller motor also translates to manageable fuel bills, so this is a good choice if frugality is a priority.
Advice For Choosing The Most Comfortable Car For Seniors
When perusing reviews of what is available, here are a few pointers to think about:
- Have a look at the standard-fitted convenience - If anyone deserves some extra convenience and comfort, it’s a pensioner. Ensure the car comes with the right amount of standard-fitted goodies, or optionally add them on.
- Do not over-complicate - As much as you’d like to know that everything is taken care of, many can attest to how annoyed the mature audience gets with technology that is far too complicated. Make sure the infotainment system does not require a degree from MIT to operate.
- Prioritize comfort - Look for a vehicle that has great ratings in this department. This means multi-way adjustable seats, easy-to-use nature, and ease of access.
What to Consider Before Buying
Even the crème de la crème has its downfalls, but the high-riders on this list are excellent in most departments:
- Comfortable and practical
- Cost-effective models to choose from
- Generally reliable
- Impressive standard features
- Typically very safe
- Some are slightly underpowered
- The necessary add-ons can be expensive
- If you want the best of all worlds, it will not be affordable
Specifications of the Best SUVs for Seniors
There are certain requirements that need to be met in order for an SUV to qualify as a worthy contender in this category:
- Supportive seating is a primary concern
- Ingress and egress should be easy, so the correct height is paramount
- Tech must be easy to use and simply laid-out
- The list of safety specs needs to be generous
- Running costs should be kept to a minimum
What is one of the best high-riders for older buyers?
Currently, the Volvo XC40 ticks all the right boxes. It is safe, relatively affordable and notably plush inside and serves excellently for the intermediate between young-at-heart and suitably mature.
What are some affordable cars that encompass everything one needs to keep in mind when buying the best SUV for senior citizens?
One of the best SUVs for senior citizens in 2020 is the Honda CR-V Hybrid. It is fuel-efficient, has decent power outputs, and is undeniably practical. It’s very comfortable, even at the base level, and comes with an admirable amount of standard safety features. If you want to save a bit more, the Subaru Forester and the regular CR-V are also viable options.