At present, the only truck in the Tesla range is the long-anticipated Cybertruck. As expected from Tesla, the truck is fully-electric with a variety of strapping powertrains offered within the three-model selection. According to Tesla, the pickup truck will offer class-leading performance as an electric utility vehicle, in acceleration and general capability. It will also be brimming with creature comforts and conveniences that’ll complement the ultra-modern, upscale, and ergonomic interior. With the brand’s advanced Autopilot suite of driver-assist technology and a host of other safety specs, the automaker aims to make the pickup truck one of the safest on the road, too - no matter how divisive it is in appearance.
Tesla Pickup Truck Specifications
The Cybertruck has more going for it than just polarizing looks. Let’s take a closer look at what we can expect from the only Tesla truck to hit the US market:
- Performance: Powerful and instantaneous propulsion is a hallmark of Elon Musk's EVs, despite their hefty weight, and all three of the new Tesla pickup variants will inherently share this trait. They’re also skillfully compliant and poised in terms of handling, as well as very supple and refined on the road thanks to a standard-fit adaptive air suspension, all of which is complemented by its pleasantly quiet operation. With an approach angle of 35 degrees, a departure angle of 28 degrees, and a ground clearance of up to 16-inches, it is an apt off-road vehicle, too.
- Powertrain: Horsepower and torque outputs will depend on the power source chosen, of which a single-, dual-, or tri-motor setup is available. This is also what determines the individual trims in the line. Along with hp and torque ratings, range, mpg-equivalent gas mileage figures, and towing capacity are also determined by the constituents in play. The base-spec, which bears a rear-wheel-drivetrain, is fit for reaching up to 250 miles on a single charge and is capable of hauling up to 7,500 pounds. Both the other variants get more than one power source and an all-wheel-drivetrain, offering up to 300 or 500 miles of driving range and up to 10,000 or 14,000 pounds of hauling potential, respectively.
- Features: In the way of creature comforts and conveniences, each Tesla truck model should come comprehensively outfitted from the base-spec trim upwards. A large, tablet-like touchscreen is typically utilized in the automaker’s cars for all infotainment and in-cabin functions. The high-end brand typically installs all of the most advanced features into its automobiles, including the pioneering Autopilot driver-assist tech, an extensive array of seating functions, automated commands, and more. The body design comprises a crew-cab layout that seats up to six passengers and a 100-cubic-foot, lockable cargo bed.
Tesla Pickup Trucks and Prices
What to Consider Before Buying a New Tesla Truck
Once the new Tesla truck has debuted, be sure to visit CarBuzz’s review catalog, where every car for sale in the USA is listed. CarBuzz’s experienced journalists will review the Tesla truck and include important details on everything from its real-world showing to upcoming updates. For now, here are just some of the expected advantages and disadvantages owners may experience from the manufacturer’s first real electrified truck:
- Exhilarating acceleration and handling
- Impressive all-electric drive distances
- Competitive payload and towing capacities
- Novel and futuristic exterior aesthetic
- An established US charging network
- Measured production with high demand
- Unique appearance may be polarizing
- Untested long-term reliability standards
How fast is the Cybertruck off-the-line?
The single-motor RWD version of the EV should accelerate from 0-60 mph in around 6.5 seconds, the dual-unit AWD version in around 4.5 seconds, and the future tri-unit AWD-equipped variant in approximately 2.9 seconds, according to Tesla.
How much will the tri-motor Tesla truck cost?
The top-spec option is expected to debut with an MSRP of around $70,000. Keep an eye out for more information.
Is the price of the Tesla truck competitive?
For everything that it will deliver at its price, yes. However, the upcoming electrified Ford F150 may be a worthy alternative, considering the Blue Oval’s proclivity for well-rounded automobiles proffered at a reasonable cost.