Buy Used Volkswagen Models
2023 Volkswagen Golf GTI S
2023 Volkswagen Golf R 2.0T
2023 Volkswagen Golf GTI Autobahn
2023 Volkswagen Golf GTI SE
If you're a fan of Volkswagen and need a vehicle that will be enjoyable and comfortable to drive and also practical enough to easily commute the family and all their stuff around on a regular basis, a VW wagon may just be what you're looking for. The Volkswagen station wagon is the amalgamation of the acclaimed Golf hatchback and station wagon body type, resulting in nimble, city-centric drive dynamics and exceptional all-round practicality.
Volkswagen Station Wagon Range
With how relatively unpopular station wagons are in America, it makes sense for Volkswagen to offer only a couple of wagon options.
- Golf SportWagen - Though it may be a rather-bland looking vehicle, especially for a Volkswagen wagon, the Golf SportWagen is a really fun-to-drive and poised car. It’s offered with two engine options, a 147-horsepower, 1.4-litre turbo-four or a 168-hp, 1.8-liter turbo-four. Both engines are peppy and can be paired to a six-speed manual gearbox for added engagement. The interior of the SportWagen is quite modern and pleasurably luxurious, and supplies plenty of room for its passengers and ample space in the trunk for cargo.
- Golf Alltrack - The Golf Alltrack is a more powerful, larger, and raised iteration of the Golf hatchback, delivering the same inherently fun drive dynamics along with improved all-weather control and mild off-road capability thanks to its 1.8-liter turbo-four motor and 4Motion all-wheel-drive system. It’s more comfortable on the road, however, and offers all the luxuries a travelling family could possibly want.
2021 VW Wagon Models and Prices
|Volkswagen Golf Alltrack
||1.8L Turbo Inline-4 Gas
|Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen
||2.5L Inline-5 Gas
|Volkswagen Passat Wagon
||2.0L Turbo Inline-4 Gas
|Volkswagen Golf SportWagen
||1.4L Turbo Inline-4 Gas
What to Consider Before Buying Volkswagen Wagons
Every VW station wagon has been discontinued in the USA, so finding a brand-new model to buy or lease may be a bit of a challenge. There should be plenty of used models for sale on the secondhand market. To familiarize yourself with the performance, specifications, and practicality levels along with a whole lot more about the cars that you're considering buying, browse through the many in-depth reviews provided on the CarBuzz website. Below, just some of the general advantages and disadvantages associated with VW stations wagons are listed:
- Peppy turbocharged acceleration
- Fun and poised handling dynamics
- Modern and featureful cabin spaces
- Commodious and highly practical
- Offered with manual gearboxes
- Outdated and monotonous designs
- Powertrains aren’t very fuel efficient
- Substandard reliability expectations
- Infotainment systems are slow
- Many driver aids and safety specs cost extra
What’s the price of a top-spec Golf SportWagen?
The 1.4T SE was the top-spec Golf SportWagen in the nameplate’s final year of production and was proffered at an MSRP of just under $30,000.
What are the gas mileage estimates on the VW wagons?
Figures depend wholly on the powertrain specifications chosen for each nameplate, of which there are many combinations. The most fuel-efficient Golf SportWagen, with its 1.4-liter turbo-four and six-speed manual gearbox returns 29/37/32 mpg on the city/highway/combined driving cycles. The Golf Alltrack, with its 1.8-liter turbo-four and six-speed automatic transmission returns 22/30/25 mpg on these same cycles.
Will we see a Volkswagen wagon in 2021 or beyond?
Unfortunately, there are only concept VW wagons being flaunted in the media that, even if brought to the market, will only be sold outside of the USA. There is currently the 2021 VW Golf R wagon in Europe, which is a performance wagon based on the Golf R hatchback, which will be released in the USA come 2022.
What are the most common problems associated with the Golf Alltrack?
According to various consumer report and review sites, the Golf Alltrack most often incurred body integrity-type problems, including air or water leak issues especially in models with the panoramic sunroof. These reports were minimal, however.