Bentley And Aston Martin Have Big Plans For Pebble Beach This Year

Luxury / Comments

McLaren and Lamborghini will have smaller displays than before.

One of the year's most glamorous automotive events, the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, had to be canceled last year due to the ongoing pandemic. It would have been the 70th installment of the event which was first held in 1950 and plays host to some of the most collectible cars on the planet.

Well, there's good news and bad news for Pebble Beach fans. On the upside, the show will go ahead this year with the 2021 edition scheduled for August 15. Unfortunately, it appears as though some of the high-end automakers that have been staples of the event in prior years haven't committed just yet or are scaling back their plans. This isn't a great surprise since we're still living with the pandemic and further uncertainty lies ahead.

Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance
Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance
Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance
Bentley

Automotive News has reported that Mercedes-Benz won't have as big of a presence as it has in previous years. The company's unveilings at Pebble Beach included the dramatic EQ Silver Arrow concept. McLaren and Lamborghini will be there but with a smaller footprint than before and less prominent branding. Ferrari and BMW did not indicate whether they will debut new concepts or make any other big announcements.

Rolls-Royce, a perfect fit for an event of such grandeur, will apparently not host a party at a lavish Spanish Bay estate as it has done previously. In 2019, Rolls-Royce displayed a trio of pastel-colored beauties like the Dawn and Ghost at Pebble Beach. However, all is not lost as Bentley indicated its intentions to go all out at Pebble Beach.

Rolls-Royce
Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance
Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance
Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance
Best Hybrids For Driving Enthusiasts
Best Hybrids For Driving Enthusiasts
8 Coolest Features Of The Kia EV6
8 Coolest Features Of The Kia EV6

"During the past year, small events and digital discussions were appropriate, but people want, and need, real interactions again," said president and CEO of Bentley Motors Inc., Christophe Georges.

Aston Martin will show off one global reveal and two cars will be on display that are owned by its company chairman, while Porsche is moving ahead cautiously. A spokesperson for the event said: "At this point, we're actively reviewing the return of our in-person, brand-experience events, and it's still premature to discuss details at this time."

Let's hope that one of the events of the year can be held safely and that it'll showcase some exciting reveals as it has in years gone by.

Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance
Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance
Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance
Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance
Source Credits: Automotive News

Join The Discussion

Gallery

12
Photos
Back
To Top