Is it Christmas already?
The end of the model year is here and prices for remaining 2019 vehicles continue to fall as the 2020 models role into dealership lots across the country. Last August, Chevrolet discounted 2019 Silverado 1500 prices in some cases by nearly $10,000. Not surprisingly, buyers responded. Fast forward to today and Chevy has decided to slash Silverado 1500 prices at this level again and then some. As GM Authority notes, select 2019 Silverado 1500 models include a nearly $10,000 rebate. In total, there are eight discounts for this highly popular full-size pickup truck happening this month. Let's examine them in detail. First up is that sweetheart $10k price cut, which is as follows:
2019 Silverado Double Cab LT with All Star and Z71 packages:
• $9,510 price reduction below MSRP or
• No monthly payments for 90 days when financing with GM Financial
A more precise discount price breakdown works like this: $5,500 total cash allowance + $3,010 price reduction below MSRP + $1,000 option package discount = $9,510 total discount.
Those not interested in a Double Cab LT with those packages still have lots of configurations to choose from this month:
• 2019 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab/Regular Cab: $1,500 customer cash + $1,250 purchase bonus cash = $2,750 total cash allowance
• 2019 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab: $2,500 customer cash
• 2019 Silverado 1500 Regular Cab: 0 percent APR for 48 months when financing with GM Financial
• 2019 Silverado 1500 Double Cab Custom: $500 cash + 0 percent APR for 60 months when financing with GM Financial
• 2019 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Custom: $750 cash + 0 percent APR for 60 months when financing with GM Financial
• 2019 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 2WD Custom: $289 per month lease for 36 months
- $3,829 due at signing for everyone
- $1,829 due at signing for Current GM Lessees
- Requires 4.3-liter EcoTec3 V6 LV3 and Custom Value Package
Unfortunately, Chevy has restricted the biggest discount to just one just body style, in this case the Crew Cab, and one trim level, LT. Yes, there are two option packages, All Star and ZL1, which can be tacked on, but it'd be nice to see more attractive Silverado 1500 Regular and Double Cab discounts as well.
The good news is that there are seriously good deals out there right now for the remaining 2019 Silverado 1500s. And remember, these are GM-approved discounts, meaning some dealers could be willing to drop prices even more.