The Silverado 1500's fight to regain its No. 2 sales spot continues.
Ever since Ram overtook Chevrolet as the number 2 best-selling pickup truck in the US behind the Ford F-150, there’s been a bit of smack talk on Chevy’s part as well as even more competitive pricing. In short, Chevy not only wants to regain its full-size truck sales status, but it also wants to recover from a disappointing second quarter for the Silverado. It will do whatever it takes to make that happen. That’s why, in part, the automaker has decided to offer some killer good deals this month on the 2019 Silverado 1500.
As GM Authority first spotted, for this month, Chevy has introduced a new rebate that slices the price of all 2019 Silverado 1500 Double Cabs by 20 percent. This could, in some case, translate to almost $10,000 in savings. There’s also another offer that includes a cashback discount in addition to interest-free financing for certain models.
Here’s a more precise breakdown:
• 2019 Silverado Double Cab models:
20 percent price reduction below MSRP on all Double Cab models
• 2019 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT/RST: $1,000 cash + 0 percent APR (interest-free) for 72 months when financing with GM Financial
• 2019 Silverado 1500 Regular Cab: $500 customer cash + $1,250 purchase bonus cash + $1,000 cash allowance when financing with GM Financial = $2,750 total cash discount
• 2019 Silverado 1500 Double Cab: $2,000 cash + 0 percent APR (interest-free) for 72 months when financing with GM Financial
All of the above offers are in effect until September 3. Here’s an example provided by GM with the 20 percent discount on a 2019 Silverado 1500 LT All Star Z71 with an MSRP of $48,775:
• $6,895 purchase cash + $2,860 price reduction below MSRP = $9,755 total discount
Do the quick math and this brings the price down to just over $39,000. Not bad at all. Given that the 2020 models will soon be arriving in dealerships, discounts like these probably won’t pop up again until next year at around this time. However, because Ram is proving to be a formidable challenger these days, it’s entirely possible Chevy will continue offering Silverado incentives with the main purpose of moving as much volume as possible.