Ferrari Reveals Future Plans With 15 New Models By 2026

Industry News / Comments

The Ferrari Purosangue's debut will kick things off.

If there's anything to take away from the Ferrari Capital Markets Day presentations it's this: The Ferrari we know is virtually gone. Fifteen new Ferrari models will be launched between 2023 and 2026. At some point within that period, Ferrari will debut its new supercar, along with the first-ever electric Ferrari in 2025. On top of that, the Ferrari Purosangue will debut in September and is projected to make up around 20% of Ferrari's deliveries across its lifespan.

Ferrari is also expanding beyond its "Icona," "Supercar" and "Special" series cars, which includes models like the Monza SP1 and 296 GTB. Those will now only make up 5% and 10% of the brand's total volume, respectively. Moreover, Ferrari aims to be totally carbon neutral by 2030.

Grill Ferrari
Front View Ferrari
Wheel Ferrari
Rear View Ferrari

Ferrari says that by 2026, 40% of its engines will still be gas-burning, but the other 60% will be hybrid or fully-electric powerplants. We believe Ferrari intends to continue developing its ICE powerplants, with the brand simply saying they're "an essential part of the Company's heritage." Yes, Ferrari capitalizes "company;" and we can't say why.

Hybrid powertrains will be derived from Ferrari's learnings in Formula 1, and all of the brand's electric motors will be designed and assembled at Maranello. That includes the battery packs that'll power the upcoming Ferrari EVs. All that is to say that Ferrari knows which way the market is going, and will use hybrid and electric models to become a more profitable brand.

Ferrari is investing roughly $4.6 billion USD into what its products, which will include those 15 new models. The Italian marque is also aiming for a 38%-40% EBITDA margin. EBITDA is basically how much money a company makes before any factors like debt or amortization are taken into account.

Ferrari
Ferrari
Ferrari
Ferrari

"We will continue to draw on our competitive advantages: uniqueness and technological leadership, whilst taking actions to reach carbon neutrality by 2030," said CEO Benedetto Vigna. Ferrari has divided this plan into three of what it calls "scopes."

Scope 1 and 2 will consist of biomethane (renewable natural gas) powering Ferrari's trigenerator system, which uses sustainable means to power Maranello operations. The brand will also install further solar panels and use "fuel cell-based systems" to keep the factory running green. Scope 3 will use electrification to reduce the carbon footprint of Ferrari models on the road. The brand aims for a 50% reduction on average per car by 2030, and is exploring solutions to reduce the footprint of its battery production by 30% come 2030.

The message here is that Ferrari isn't messing around. The brand wants to become more profitable, more sustainable, and shockingly, more mainstream over the coming years. It used to be Ferrari was a niche brand that built road cars purely to fund its founder's obsession with racing wins. It's safe to say that Ferrari is dead and gone.

Ferrari
Ferrari
Ferrari
Ferrari
Ferrari

Join The Discussion

Gallery

17
Photos

Related Cars

Back
To Top