The Long McArthur Ford in Salina, Kansas shares some vital information relating to the popular EV truck.
Getting your hands on a Ford F-150 Lightning has been an absolute nightmare for run-of-the-mill customers. Ford knew that demand would be high but it never anticipated that this many consumers would want to put money down for this new-age truck. This has resulted in a situation where demand vastly outnumbers supply, leading to some pretty crazy price tags.
At this point, it looks as if getting your hands on an F-150 Lightning this year is slim to none, but there is hope for next year thanks to a detailed product information segment provided by Tim Barnes of Long McArthur Ford in Salina, Kansas.
Barnes details both ordering and production information for the 2023 F-150 Lightning models together with what plans are in store for the model and when reservations will open up once again. He adds that wave invites have already been sent out to current reservation holders. They are being sent in waves so that the configurations and orders can be more controlled.
Unlike last year, it is understood that these invitations will not be extended to further maintain a fair amount of deliveries. Barnes adds that while the XLT will be more readily available, the Pro is pretty much a no-go as it has been sold out for the entirety of 2023.
Barnes confirms that F-150 Lightning production hopes to exceed 150,000 units next year in an attempt to meet the overwhelming demand for the Blue Oval's new truck. 30% of these cars will be assembled over eight months while the remaining 70% over the following four months. After November 2023, production for the 2024 model year will commence.
There is no information as to how drastic that price increase is expected to be, but for current prospective customers, it was a bit of a punch in the gut to see the price of the entire range increase earlier this month despite securing a model being such a challenge. Let's hope any future increases are curbed by as much as possible.