Ford Maverick Buyers Are Selecting Surprising Options

Trucks / Comments

Here's how a group of over 4,000 enthusiasts specced their beloved compact trucks.

The enthusiasts over at theMaverick Truck Club have put together a series of purchase stats for the Ford Maverick to provide some insight into what options and engines were the most popular, among a series of other equipment choices. Contributions to this census consist of over 4,000 users which means while this isn't indicative of the entire consumer base, it's a decent sample size.

One thing we wish manufacturers could do, in an official capacity, is to provide us with a detailed breakdown of its model sales, down to the trim, engine option, and exterior color. Of course, even though they have all of the data, this is still a hefty task when you consider just how many cars are sold.

Ford
Ford

Among the group of Maverick owners, can you guess which trim was the most popular? It should be no surprise that it was the XLT at 51.3 percent. While this isn't the most accessible model, it does propose impressive value with its starting price of $22,360. The second in line was the Lariat at 29.1 percent followed by the entry-level XL at 12.7 percent and the First Edition at 6.9 percent.

Where engine options are concerned, it looked like most, 62.4 percent to be precise, were in favor of the 2.5-liter Duratec iVCT hybrid option. This is supported by the brand's permanent-magnet synchronous AC electric motor which generates a combined power output of 191 horsepower and 173 lb-ft of torque. The remaining 37.6 percent obviously selected the turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder gasoline option with the 250 hp and 277 lb-ft power figure.

Ford
Ford
Ford
Kimi Raikkonen: An Homage To F1's Retiring Iceman
Kimi Raikkonen: An Homage To F1's Retiring Iceman
A Brief History Of The Chevy Corvette Z06
A Brief History Of The Chevy Corvette Z06

Within the forum, the most popular color for the Ford Maverick was the soft blue Area 51 shade at 20.4 percent, closely followed by the Velocity Blue shade at 15.5 percent and Cactus Gray at 13.8 percent. Carbonized Grey came in at four with 12.3 percent while Alto Blue, Hot Pepper Red, and Oxford White scored 9.7 percent, 6.6 percent, and 5.7 percent respectively. The rarest colors of the lot were Iconic Silver at five percent, Shadow Black at 4.4 percent, Cyber Orange at 3.8 percent, and Rapid Red at 2.9 percent.

When it comes to wheel options, it looks like the 17-inch painted aluminum option was the most popular by far with a preferred rate of 52.7 percent. This is followed by the 18-inch bright aluminum wheels at 19 percent and 17-inch sparkle silver steel wheels at 16 percent. The least selected option was the more premium 18-inch black-painted wheels at 12.3 percent.

Ford
Ford

Considering that the Ford Maverick is more of a lifestyle truck than an all-out workhorse, it's not quite a surprise that only 27.8 percent of buyers opted for the 4K tow package. The XLT Luxury package proved to be popular with just 36.4 percent of customers while the Lariat Luxury pack won the hearts of 32.5 percent. The FX4 Off-Road option only saw a popularity rate of 16.2 percent while the Ford Co-Pilot360 feature proved impressively popular with 68.5 percent of buyers ticking the box. 29.5 percent of buyers also fitted the Tonneau cover.

The group of over 4,000 owners was also broken down into regions which allows us to see that the Ford Maverick is most popular in California, Florida, and Texas with each of these sitting over the 300 mark. Pennsylvania and Michigan were the only states to top the 200 owner mark while Ohio, Virginia, North Carolina, New York, and Georgia round off the top ten regions.

Ford
Ford

Join The Discussion

Gallery

9
Photos
Back
To Top