Ford Sells Out Of The Mustang Mach-E First Edition

/ Comments

People are lining up for the Mach-E.

The 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E made a big splash when it debuted at the 2019 Los Angeles Auto Show. Ford's latest electric SUV has received some criticism for its use of the Mustang name but that hasn't stopped prospective customers from lining up to pre-order it. Quickly after opening up the pre-order books, Ford quickly sold out of the limited First Edition model. The First Edition trim level includes unique stitching, scuff plates, red brake calipers, and aluminum pedals.

This trim was only offered with AWD and the extended battery, which is estimated at 270 miles of range. With AWD, the Mach-E produces 332 horsepower and 417 lb-ft of torque, resulting in a 0-60 time of 5.5 seconds. Now that the First Edition trim level is sold out, Ford has some valuable data on how customers ordered it.

Ford
Front Angle View Ford
Ford

Only three color options were available on the First Edition and Carbonized Gray (pictured above) was the most popular hue with 38 percent of customers opting for it. Congratulations people, 38 percent of you chose to be boring with your color choice. 35 percent of you decided to be more bold with our personal favorite Mach-E color, Grabber Blue Metallic (pictured below), while 27 percent opted for Rapid Red (pictured above).

10 Super Rare Chevrolet Camaros
10 Super Rare Chevrolet Camaros
Incredible Rolls-Royce Cars Taken To The Extreme
Incredible Rolls-Royce Cars Taken To The Extreme
Front View Driving Ford
Ford

Ford has also learned a great deal about how other customers are ordering the Mach-E. More than 80 percent of customers are choosing the Extended Range Battery, which boosts the driving range by 60 to 70 miles compared to the Standard Range Battery. 55 percent have opted for all-wheel-drive while the other 45 percent have gone for rear-wheel-drive with its slightly higher range. And out of all Mach-E pre-orders, a staggering 30 percent have been placed on the performance GT model with 459 hp and 612 lb-ft of torque. It may not come as much of a surprise, but more than 25 percent of these pre-orders have come from California, where EVs are most common.

Dashboard Ford
Rear Passenger Seats Ford

Join The Discussion

Popular Tags Cars