Newly leaked info has come to light.
More details continue to come out regarding the mighty GMC Hummer EV truck and SUV. The truck will arrive first with sold-out Edition 1s slated to be delivered in the fall. Recently, we reported about some safety concerns due to the vehicle's 9,000-pound weight. And since it's a Hummer, owners are guaranteed to do what the truck and SUV were intended for: off-roading.
We're already well aware of features like CrabWalk and Extract Mode, as well as the existence of the Extreme Off-Road Package. However, the exact contents of that package haven't been fully divulged. Until now. Thanks to the crew at GM-Trucks, we now know the contents of that package.
The Extreme Off-Road Package is more than just a trim level and it'll come standard on the Edition 1. Future trims that'll arrive in 2022 and 2023 can also get it as an option. The complete list of package features is as follows (preceded by the RPO code):
• (RCS) 18-inch Black aluminum wheels with machined accents
• (QMG) LT 305/70/R18 Goodyear Wrangler Territory MT Tires
• (NZZ) Skid Plates - Front Differential, Battery, Rear Differential
• (G93) Electronically-locking front differential with Heavy-Duty Ball Spline Half Shafts
• (G94) Virtual electronic-locking rear differential with Heavy-Duty Ball Spline Half Shafts
• (UXA) Forward and rearward underbody cameras
• (BG9) Rubber Flooring with rubber inserts
• (BKD) Premium Floor Liners
Interestingly, those 35-inch tires are not the largest the Hummer can accommodate. That honor goes to 37-inch-sized rubber. GM also wisely tacked on those HD half shafts in order to handle all 11,500 lb-ft of torque. A pair of underbody cameras, part of the UltraVision Package, are also standard here and they enable the driver to see what's happening (literally) on the ground beneath the vehicle. Without stating the obvious, the cameras will be equipped with lens protectors and lens washers.
Something else we find pretty cool is that the entire floor is covered in high-quality rubber, which will definitely make life easier when hosing down the interior after a weekend off-road adventure. Hummer EV SUV buyers, a GMC spokesperson has confirmed, will have to choose one of two different Edition 1 variants: either with or without the Extreme Off-Road Package.