If You Were A Billionaire, Wouldn't You Buy The Nurburgring?

Nurburgring

Well, now one billionaire owns 99% of it.

Back in 2014, the Nurburgring faced huge financial problems and was purchased by Russian billionaire Viktor Kharitonin, who owned an 80% stake in the legendary German track. Now the Russian billionaire has decided to purchase another 19% for $43 million, according to Forbes Russia. The total cost of purchasing 99% of the Green Hell is estimated at around $87 million. The last 1% is owned by a small garage called GetSpeed GmbH. Now that ownership of the track has been settled, talks will be held with Bernie Ecclestone to hold the F1 Gran Prix at the 'Ring.

This year's German Gran Prix is already scheduled to be held in Hockenheim, so these talks will target next year's race. Another benefit of this new ownership is that the imposed speed limits will be lifted. This means that manufacturers like Koenigsegg can go after lap records once again.

You Might Also Like
Could A Used Audi RS Car Be The Ultimate Path To Awesomeness?
Could A Used Audi RS Car Be The Ultimate Path To Awesomeness?
Celebrate 4th Of July With The 10 Best American Cars Of 2018
Celebrate 4th Of July With The 10 Best American Cars Of 2018
All-New Revolutionary Mazda3 Teased Ahead Of LA Reveal

Along with its game-changing sparkless ignition engine.

WatchThe Extraordinary Nissan GT-R50 Being Built By Hand

It’s all about bending sheet metal the old-fashioned way.

Here's How Aerodynamics Make The Lamborghini Aventador SVJ So Much Faster

Take a behind the scenes look at this amazing system.

Fake Lamborghini Murcielago SV Reverse-Engineered By Iran

The Chinese couldn’t have done it better.

Hennessey Trackhawk Is World's Quickest SUV

That's what a thousand horsepower will do for ya.

5 Things You Need To Know About The 2019 BMW X5

After driving the car for the first time, here are our key takeaways.

Watch The BMW M2 Competition Lap The Ring In 7:52

That was supercar territory not long ago.

Kim Jong-un Gets Classy With New Ride

So much for sanctions.

What's Hot