Popular Tags Cars

Mini Offering Incredible Deal For America's Military

Special Edition / 1 Comment

Military members can now get a cool, low-cost Mini Cooper with tons of options.

The least expensive Mini Cooper on sale is the two-door hardtop model with a starting price of $21,900. Even though the base car's 1.5-liter turbocharged three-cylinder making just 134 horsepower isn't anything to drool over, the car is light and nimble, making it fun to chuck around on a backroad. For young buyers looking for a premium hatchback, a Mini Cooper seems like a great option. But Mini wanted to make its entry-level car even more affordable, so it introduced a special version called the Oxford Edition.

Named for the Oxford plant where Mini has built cars for over 100 years, the Oxford Edition car was originally available only for students. The package bundles in $6,900 worth of equipment at no extra cost in order to give students and recent graduates a great way to have a nicer car right out of school.

Pricing for the Mini Oxford Edition starts at $19,750 for the two-door and $20,750 for the four-door plus an $850 destination and handling fee. This is a sweet deal for students, but now Mini is opening up the Oxford Edition to active and retired US military.

"We're proud to extend the Mini Oxford Edition offer to active and recently retired or honorably discharged members of the US Military," said Patrick McKenna, Department Head of Product Planning and Events for Mini USA. "We believe the Mini Oxford Edition provides tremendous value to those who have honorably served in our armed forces and who are looking for a fun, stylish, feature-packed car that won't break the bank."

You Might Also Like
Perfect Mid-Life Crisis Cars
Perfect Mid-Life Crisis Cars
Guess Who Had His Ferrari GTC4 Repainted Purple
Guess Who Had His Ferrari GTC4 Repainted Purple

In order to be eligible to buy the car, you need to be an active duty member of any branch in the US military or have been retired or honorably discharged within the past 12 months. Just as before, you can also qualify if you are enrolled in a two-year or four-year accredited college or university, a post-bachelor's degree program such as graduate school, law school, or medical school, or have graduated in the last 12 months.